"Hey, Schlafmutze, are you in there?" Neil's low voice, close to her ear, filtered through the thick haze of sleep and coaxed Clare gently into wakefulness.
"Mmmph, yeah? What'd you call me?" She rolled over in Neil's direction. He was stretched out on his stomach next to her, propped on his elbows, an indulgent smile on his face.
He doodled a few lingering kisses on her forehead. "Schlafmutze. German, loosely translated as "sleepyhead." I hate waking you up, but we have a flight this afternoon, yes? I have to say," he informed her, "that you might well be the hardest sleeper I've ever seen. I got up twice last night and don't believe you ever even moved."
Clare yawned and blinked a few times. A knife's edge of sunlight had wedged its way through a crack in the heavy drapes. "What time is it?" She couldn't help noticing that Neil was still naked. So, for that matter, was she. She gave the covers a self-conscious tug.
"Bit before nine, and why are you hiding? Can I get a kiss good morning?" As she obliged, his fingers teased the sheets down and found her breasts. He stroked her nipples slowly, suggestively, and Clare was suddenly fully awake.
Their lovemaking was slower and surer than the night before, without so much of the hesitant tension that accompanied their first time. Neil did pause briefly once, his body suspended tautly over hers, ready to enter her, quivering with barely restrained eagerness. Clare arched her back, giving his hips an encouraging tug and he slipped into her easily this time with a soft moan of delight.
"I love the way you do that," he murmured afterwards as they lay tangled blissfully together, damp with sweat. He kissed the tip of her nose before laying his cheek on her bare shoulder. Clare felt the pleasant tickle of his long lashes flutter against her neck.
"The way I do what?" she asked, giving him a little squeeze.
"Whisper my name when you come." Neil kissed her neck. "The way you sort of burrow into my shoulder, just saying it over and over. It's" - he searched for words - "somehow particularly intimate." He gave a satisfied sigh. "You are something else, you know that?" Warm, affectionate.
"Oh, I think that has quite a bit to do with who I'm with." Clare stretched out her legs in a mirror image of his. She really didn't want to get up.
"I'm flattered you think so, but I believe it's all you. I'm just the happy beneficiary of all this amazingness." His tone changed abruptly and he struggled to a sitting position. "Now, as much as I'd love to lie here for the rest of the day, possibly longer, I know we have to be thinking about getting to the airport. What time did you say we needed to be there?"
Clare sat up reluctantly and swung her feet over the side of the bed. "I didn't, but we ought to hit the gate around one-ish."
"Well, come on, then. Shower time." Neil grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bathroom. "Enough time to check out and grab a decent breakfast somewhere." He fiddled with the bathtub faucet, then turned and took her in his arms while he waited for the water to warm up. "I don't know about you," he murmured, kissing her, "but all that great lovemaking has given me one hell of an appetite."
No comments:
Post a Comment